3600 S. Yosemite Street, Suite 600 Denver, CO 80237
Business Solutions Group (“ BSG”)
The Business Solutions Group is our outsourced accounting services team, providing services to private businesses, trusts, nonprofit organizations, and individuals. Our scope includes comprehensive back office functions, such as day-to-day accounting and payroll services, as well as providing subject matter expertise on accounting infrastructure, financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, planning/analysis and compliance.
Senior Accountant performs most work assigned with a minimum of assistance. They often lead one or more staff accountants, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Seniors are required to handle daily/recurring financial needs of the clients, under the BSG department.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Provide complete accounting services for a portfolio of clients.
- Record all financial transactions, i.e. receipts, disbursements, payroll, journal entries from source documents. Bank and credit card reconciliations and, if applicable to a specific client, oversee processing of bill pay, deposits, coordinate payroll runs, and other back-office functions.
- Analyze investments, insurance, purchases, contracts, etc.
- Prepare work papers, financial statements, general ledgers, etc.
- Direct client and support staff contact.
- Participate in planning and scheduling of client engagements.
- Assist in providing consulting services, i.e. accounting systems clean-up, budget/forecast analysis, on-site accounting support, internal controls design and implementation.
- Assume responsibility for larger projects and delegates to the staff accountants/intern as deemed necessary.
- Perform research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Supervise staff accountants/interns and provides on-the-job training.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in public accounting or senior accounting roles in private industry, demonstrating a progression in complexity of accounting tasks and knowledge.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting, or Master’ s degree in accounting.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online is preferred.
- CPA or CPA candidate is a plus.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs.
- Must have a valid driver’ s license. Some client on-site or other firm location visits are required.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional standards.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism. Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, and to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.