1683 Walnut Grove Avenue Rosemead, CA 91770 US
Associate Manager/Senior Accountant
Summary Of Job Scope And Expectations
The Associate Manager/Senior Accountant is responsible for developing financial reporting for the company’s Quarterly Financial Review and quarterly bank covenants. This position has primary responsibility for accounting for partner brands and joint venture investments.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
• Prepares quarterly presentations on the company’s financial performance at the store and total company level. Develops financial reporting for the Quarterly Financial Review.
• Serve as lead accountant for financial statement preparation, analysis and reporting for partner brands and joint venture investments.
• Processes transactions for joint venture investments.
• Prepares account reconciliations as assigned.
• Perform various closing duties as assigned.
• Assists Accounting leadership with company’s external annual audit.
• Provides customer service to Operations (GMs) in assigned regions, helping them understand P&Ls and responding to questions or issues.
• Prepares quarterly bank covenant reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree required; major in Business/Accounting preferred with course work in Accounting required; CPA required
• Minimum three years of public accounting experience, preferably in a nationally recognized accounting firm (i.e. Big 4)
• Successful completion of annual store training
• Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda’s Mission, Values, and Culture
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, concepts, and practices
• Thorough knowledge of enterprise accounting systems and sub-systems relevant to Financial Reporting.
• Knowledge of the retail/hospitality industry practices preferred
• Strong communication (oral and written), presentation, facilitation, and training skills
• Project management skills
• Strong computer/technology skills and highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting/finance software
• Strong financial management and analysis skills
• Ability to access data and produce needed reports
• Ability to solve complex problems independently
• Ability to lead projects and build consensus
• Ability to mentor and train other associates
• Ability to work positively with other departments (“win/win”)
• Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
• Ability to talk and share before a group
• Demonstrates proactive behavior and attention to details
• Ability to serve as a role model within the department
• Ability to embrace change and continuous learning