Senior Accounting Manager
755 Page Mill Rd , Bldg A 200 Palo Alto, CA 94304 US
Senior Accounting Manager
Venture capital firm is currently looking for a Senior Accounting Manager to oversee the accounting function of the management company. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills in conjunction with strong analytical and technical abilities. Must be detail? oriented, highly accurate, and a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision in a team? oriented environment.
The finance group, which provides support to the venture capital firm and the families associated with its managing directors, currently has twenty-two people including the Chief Financial Officer and six directors.
- Review quarterly / semi? annually close books
- Review semi? annual consolidated financials for Management Company
- Analyze, review, and prepare schedules necessary as a part of the closing process
- Review depreciation of assets and conduct annual review of fixed asset write offs
- Review allocation of income and gain/loss
- Review placement invoices and related collections for placements made by subsidiaries
- Prepare and update annual and quarterly budget and manage cashflow
- Prepare quarterly compliance certificate as required by banks
- Review personal and family office billbacks to the partners along with collections
- Review and approve AP and expenses
- Collaborate with Tax Manager in their preparation of quarterly estimated taxes, tax compliance, and various other tax related projects.
- Compliance and review of property taxes / 571? L.
- Prepare information necessary required to completed VAT returns by outside tax firm.
- Oversee Family Office Billback process and review results on a semi? annual basis
- Assist the CFO and Director of Finance with various other special projects
- 4? year college degree
- CPA preferred
- At a minimum, 6 years of experience performing accounting for partnership/ LLC tax returns and preferably having some expertise with venture capital management companies and/ or similar types of operating entities. The ideal candidate will have both accounting and operational experience.
- Experience reviewing journal entries and preparation of financial statements is required.
- Competency with Adobe MS Office products, especially Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Highly motivated; a self? starter who can supervise staff in a team? oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal and sensitive information
- Ability to delegate
Send resume to Accounting_Asst@shv.com