Senior Manager - Accounting Advisory / Technical Accounting
San Francisco, MA 94016
Senior Manager-level financial consultants will work closely with ‘ C-level’ management of Fortune 500, mid-cap and start-up companies. Senior Managers lead project teams and interact with clients and their Big 4 auditors on all aspects of engagements, including report writing, developing and managing relationships with client management, and business development.
Take ownership of your career:
- Gain exposure to a wide range of industries and/or projects.
- Make a true business impact with your clients.
- Own projects from start to finish.
- Experience client interaction and thrive in a client-facing role.
- Be consistently challenged and learn through a collegial environment created from top tier experts hired within the firm.
- Enjoy the flexibility of office/remote/client site work locations (engagement specific).
- Create your own path.
- Enjoy what you do!
What you might expect:
- Interact with clients’ executive team and auditors, serving as a subject matter expert, leading clients through complex accounting issues and driving conclusions.
- Lead client engagement and own client delivery on operational due diligence for complex transactions (i.e. – IPO’ s, acquisitions & divestitures, stock offerings and dept raises).
- Drive client deliverables of financial and regulatory information in accordance with SEC and regulatory requirements (i.e. – 10K’ s, 10Q’ s, S-1 and S-4 filings, audit coordination).
- Serve as an expert matter on projects related to new ASC accounting standards (i.e. – ASC 842, ASC 606).
- Lead process improvement projects and implementation of changes.
- Mentor managers and consultants, acting as a moral and ethical model, fostering engagement team professional growth, and providing constructive and actionable feedback.
- Lead firm initiatives and identify areas for improvements.
- Play an active role in the firm’ s recruiting efforts, client relationship building and business development efforts.
Who you are:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting – CPA and/or MBA combined with solid accounting experience will be considered in lieu of a degree in Accounting.
- 8+ years’ experience in public accounting and/or industry accounting/finance.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and ability to assimilate easily into teams.
- Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Proactive in identifying client needs and effective in building a strong relationship with clients.
- Highly organized and focused and demonstrates the ability to set overall engagement expectations and direction.
- Effective analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Entrepreneurial nature, self-motivated, ethical and dependable.
- High energy with commitment to quality client service, focusing on ensuring positive resolutions to conflicts.
- Consistently seeks opportunities to enhance your skills by attending higher-level training, develop firm training materials and enhance overall firm knowledge base.