Senior Staff Accountant (Audit & Tax)
21700 Oxnard Street, Suite 850 Woodland Hls, CA 91367 US
Senior Staff Accountant
Our client is a dynamic large-local CPA firm in Woodland Hills. Established in 1942, our 5 partner practice serves a diverse client base of different sizes and industries.
We are a full-service firm that handles all of our clients accounting, tax and consulting needs. Because our clients are small to medium size companies, our staff develop a more well-rounded business experience while servicing them. We do NOT have departments. We have remained successful over the years because of our young and energetic staff looking to take the firm to the next level, our understanding of the work-life balance needs and having a firm culture of teamwork.
+ VISION +
They are a leading local firm offering valuable services to small and medium businesses, their owners and other successful individuals in the Southern California area.
+ Mission Statement & Noble Cause +
They are dedicated to implementing strategies that enhance the well being of our team and the clients we serve.
They are a full-service public accounting firm servicing privately held clients, including tax preparation, tax planning, tax audit representation, compilations, reviews and audited financial statements, estate tax and planning, consulting, hiring services, succession planning, and management advisory services to name a few.
Our business clients range from $3M - $300M in annual revenue and are mostly concentrated in Southern California, but many have operations in every state in the U.S. and internationally.
The Learning and Training Culture of our firm requires each professional to be cross trained to be able to provide tax and accounting experience to our clients to give that personal touch.
The size of our firm affords us the ability to provide a "family style" atmosphere to our clients...come join the family!
Competitive Benefits offered.
Minimum Experience Required:
- 3-15 years of experience in local to mid-size public accounting firms
- Must have a valid CPA license
- Must be proficient in A&A
- Must be proficient in tax (individual, entities, trusts and estates), accounting and financial statement preparation
- Must be proficient in Lacerte, MS Office and CCH Engagement Fx
- Must have knowledge of document management systems
- Must have experience supervising staff
- Preparation of individual income taxes (intermediate to advanced)
- Preparation of entity income taxes (intermediate to advanced) C & S Corps, Partnerships, LLC’s, Trusts and Estates
- Tax Planning for individuals and entities
- May conduct personal income tax interviews with clients
- Preparation of Compilation, Review and/or Audited Financial Statements
- Assist Partner with consulting projects
- Report to Supervisors and Partners
- Effectively manage multiple client projects with direction from Supervisors
- Participate in employee evaluation process
- Must practice excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Chargeable hour goal: 1,700 hours
- Some client travel will be required
- Must participate in the firmwide marketing plan
Skills and Expertise:
They participate in several Compensation and Benefits surveys with other CPA firms to stay competitive. We are looking for candidates that:
- Have the desire to be a leader
- Have a positive attitude
- Want to be part of a team
- Want to learn and grow
- Want to be held accountable and hold others accountable
- Effectively supervise staff
- Multi-state and international tax experience is a plus
- 401k with matching
- Group Medical Insurance
- FSA Plan
- Dental/Eye Care Reimbursement Plan
- Personal Time Off
- Group Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Jury Duty pay
- Free Covered parking
- Fun Firm outings
- Paid Continuing Education
- Tax Season Dinner allowance
- State-of-the-art computer equipment
- Please email us your resume and salary requirements.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate