Senior Tax Accountant
10866 WILSHIRE BLVD SUITE 650 LOS ANGELES, CA 90024 US
Sr. Tax Associate
Our client offers financial services to a client base consisting of individuals and businesses within the music, entertainment, and sport industries.
The Company is based across three main offices in London, the Netherlands and Los Angeles with three core departments; Business Management, Accountancy, and Tax.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Tax Associate to assist in managing the organizations tax information and prepare and review tax returns and tax-related correspondence for all clients.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and review federal, state, and international tax returns for individuals and businesses;
- Prepare and review extensions, quarterly estimates, and tax provisions;
- Prepare and review 1042, 1099, and other informational tax filings:
- Analyze IRS notices and draft responses;
- Review client tax returns;
- Handle federal, state and local tax audits;
- Perform tax research;
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other tax authorities;
- Prepare and advise tax planning;
- Supervise Jr. tax associate and supervise their work;
- Assume responsibility for the smooth flow of tax returns and continue to improve procedures and practices;
- Contribute to the client service team by producing quality work with a quick turnaround and attentive service.
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance required
- Masters degree in Taxation degree preferred
- CPA designation preferred
- 3-5 years experience at a senior level required
- International Tax experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in competently reviewing tax returns
- Knowledge of ProSystems FX software preferred
- Detail oriented with an ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work well as a team player
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite, Excel, Access, and Word