6345 Balboa Blvd. Bldg IV, Suite 285 Encino, CA 91316 US
Strong tax prep on corp returns with tax resolution experience also
Tax Preparer (Corporate)
The vast majority of our clients have several years of unfiled returns, so we
must bring them into tax filing compliance before we can begin the resolution
process. Business tax returns will be the primary focus of this individual, and
experience with 280E and Form 8300 would give a candidate a HUGE leg up on the competition.
This is a fast-paced, high volume position, so strong communication (verbal and written) skills are a necessity, as are a sense of urgency, attention to detail, patience, and the ability to prioritize. CTEC is required and an Enrolled Agent or CPA license would be a big plus.
The Tax Preparer (Corporate) will:
• Prepare Tax Returns, including 1065, 1120, 1120-S, Schedules C, D, and E (990 a plus)
• Gain client cooperation to get required information within the necessary time frame to meet taxing authority deadlines and keep the process moving
• Use ProSeries, QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel & CRM heavily
• Conduct in-depth client interviews by phone
• Prepare clear and concise letters and emails to clients
• Have a solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles, as well as strong analytical skills related to financial statements
• Apply technical knowledge and research to help solve complex business problems, understand client businesses, and suggest solutions to client
• Identify risk management issues and opportunities to improve engagement profitability
Every case is different, so an interest in learning and personal/professional
growth is a huge help. Again, knowledge of and experience with IRC Section 280
would be invaluable in allowing growth within this role.
This is a full-time position, offering competitive hourly rate, vigorous benefits
package, and the opportunity for growth for the right individual.
• Experience with individual and corporate returns
• Exceptional communication and customer service skills
• Familiarity with ProSeries and Microsoft Office Suite