Tax Accounting Manager (ASC 740)
84 South First Street, Third Floor San Jose, CA 95113 US
Our client is a regional accounting firm in the San Francisco bay area with an immediate opening for a Tax Manager in their San Jose office.
- We offer a unique opportunity and require a unique individual.
- We are not hindered by the attest relationship audit firms impose on their tax personnel.
- We are free to passionately pursue our work without any strings attached or constant red tape on a prospective proposal that tax professionals face in a large or a mid-tier audit firm.
- We operate as a meritocracy for those entrepreneurial spirted tax personnel. You will find our compensation and bonuses for those who strive to perform, to sell, to market, is second to none in the Bay Area. Due to our rapid growth, we have unlimited upside and would enjoy meeting with you to discuss our incredible opportunity and offer you the same success we have enjoyed the past 13 years.
Purpose of your job:
Company management, Boards of Directors, and external auditors must be confident in the ability of the ASC 740 service provider to consistently identify and address all issues in a highly complex process that requires ever increasing accuracy and efficiency. We believe this can only be achieved through specialization. As the only firm in the Bay Area solely dedicated to specializing in ASC 740 accounting for income taxes, we have developed the core knowledge center of tax provision expertise and best practices necessary to succeed with public registrants and privately help venture backed corporations. Together, our purpose will be providing this challenging service to our existing client base which is centered on corporation’s immersed in the various Bay Area technology sectors.
Work you’ll do:
- Unlike firms who strive to offer everything to everyone, your focus is defined by your job purpose, ASC 740 tax provision preparation. There is no better way to become an exceptional tax professional than tackling, ASC 740, the project that touches all areas of taxation. You will have knowledge of transfer pricing practices, equity shifts, IP migrations, state apportionment and R&D credit methodologies and current accounting law changes such as ASU 2016-09.
- We can help you reach this extensive knowledge base as you continue to grow and develop as a professional with our company. All of our internal product and personnel development efforts revolve around this single tax process of corporate provisions, yet included in such development is a plethora of global tax matters. What you achieve here is beyond the standard “silo” approach most firms offer, which inherently limits your growth as a tax professional. As a Senior Tax Associate with our company, the work around ASC 740 preparation is extensive and our desire is for you to be well versed in all areas necessary to perform a complex provision. This professional growth simply cannot be achieved by other firms.
- As discussed above, corporate tax provision preparation, review and analysis are key and includes interim and annual tax provision calculations covering adjusting journal entries, tax account reconciliation, effective tax rate calculation, federal/state/foreign income/franchise tax expense, deferred inventory schedules, tax attribute carryforward schedules, ASC 740-10 reserve analyses, foreign tax credit calculations, research credit calculations, stock based compensation calculations, provision to return reconciliations, and footnote/MD&A disclosures.
- Other areas that will require attention from you would be corporate tax compliance, audit notice responses, IRC §§ 382/383 tax attribute limitations calculations, supporting memoranda/executive summaries, foreign bank account and other informational reporting forms, tax law research, due diligence, purchase price accounting, and other mergers and acquisitions related tasks.
- Training associates and managing client deadlines for Tax Managers are also required for these responsibilities
To qualify, candidates should have:
- Bachelor or Masters in Accounting or Taxation required, preferred CPA or other credentials
- Requisite experience for Tax Service Manager should include 5+ years experience in core federal tax compliance
- Leadership skills showcasing strong work ethic, problem solving skills, and decision making abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
- Proven experience in organizing workloads and meeting deadlines
- Desire to participate in engagement economics, strategic planning, campus recruiting, and marketing campaigns
- Proficient in MS Office systems such as Excel, Work, PowerPoint; prefer knowledge in GoSystems Tax
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/