Tax Accounting Manager
8484 WILSHIRE BLVD Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Our international media client is seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Tax Manager to join our diverse Accounting and Finance team based in Beverly Hills, California.
If you’ re looking for a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you' ll find it here.
We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind corporate culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
The Tax Manager will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be a key leader in the tax strategy and compliance activities of the organization. In general, these responsibilities involve a combination of the following:
- Ensure compliance with the tax law, regulations, and rules are completed on a timely and accurate basis
- Provide direct and indirect tax support to business units
- Thoroughly research tax issues and positions
- Review work papers and research.
These activities span taxation matters in international, federal and state jurisdictions and you will interact with divisional controllers, corporate executives and outside legal and accounting advisors to ensure the tax structure is strategically ideal and compliant for a complex organization embedded in many different industries and localities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with outside advisors to develop and implement tax strategies and initiatives
- Coordinate with divisional controllers/managers and accounting firms to ensure tax filings and compliance is managed and in order
- Interact with advisors and accounting firms to establish and administer foreign tax matters and cash repatriation activities
- Interact with finance department to assist with financings and strategic initiatives in terms of optimizing tax consequences, including tax due diligence and structuring
- Perform accounting and tax analyses
- Assist with cash management, including for both domestic and foreign activities
- Participate in and manage affiliate loans and transactions
- Liaise with taxing and regulatory authorities related to inquiries, notices, audits and other items
- Manage various compliance and regulatory requirements
- Assist with organization’ s accounting audits, accounting and finance matters
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or other relevant field; CPA or MBT required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in credible accounting or tax position with substantial taxation experience within a reputable organization or accounting/CPA firm
- Entertainment, media, Internet, gaming, or publishing industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated successful experience working with complex tax strategies in multiple jurisdictions, including domestic and international
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great team player with solid interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to be a superior strategic thinker and simultaneously execute on the details
- Excellent analytical, organizational and abstract reasoning skills; have a natural ability for being detailed oriented and accurate with numbers and reporting
- Strong ability to plan and organize multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Level headed and able to thrive in a dynamic and complex environment
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/