Tax Manager - Corporate Tax
303 Almaden Boulevard
Tax Manager - Business Tax Services - SAN JOSE
Our Tax practice is all about providing authoritative tax guidance and planning for long-term assets, as well as legislative insights into tax policy. We work on some of the most complex tax cases around, and our clients look to us to translate those challenges into simple, effective tax strategies. As a Manager, you’ ll play a key part in that goal. It’ s a high-profile, deeply entrepreneurial role, where you’ ll personally manage operations with your own portfolio of prestigious clients. This work commonly includes automatic and non-automatic accounting method changes.
You’ ll be part of a rapidly growing team. You’ ll see that reflected in the growing breadth of opportunities you’ ll be able to access. With support from some of the most engaging professionals in the business, you can expect to develop your technical tax, management, marketing and business experience considerably.
Your key responsibilities
You’ re likely to spend your time managing multiple clients, so your ability to seamlessly move and prioritize efforts across accounts will be a vital part of the role. Put simply, everything you do will come back to developing and improving tax planning strategies, as well as our tools and processes. We’ ll also look to you to identify opportunities for new business. That will mean collaborating with colleagues across the business and facilitating new relationships that meet currently unmet client needs in a wide range of areas. Since you’ ll be directly communicating with our clients, some travel may be necessary.
Skills and attributes for success
- Preparing effective approaches to our clients’ tax needs and identifying new business opportunities
- Developing and executing authoritative strategic plans
- Understanding, communicating and influencing intelligent decision making in complex tax areas
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations
- Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business
- Help to develop and guide staff and other junior tax professionals by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor' s degree in accounting, finance, or related field, as well as approximately 5 years of related work experience, OR a graduate degree in tax or law, and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- A valid US CPA or licensed attorney designation
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation
- Excellent managerial, organizational, project management and verbal/written communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment and be comfortable supervising teams of personnel and client personnel
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Access, and data mining tools
Ideally, you’ ll also have
- Familiarity or skill in IRS tax controversy and statistical sampling desired
What we look for
We’ re interested in tax professionals who are excited about implementing sophisticated types of quantitative analyses, with the confidence and knowledge to think creatively in a constantly shifting environment. If you possess an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to prioritize across projects and make strong decisions in often-uncertain scenarios, this role is for you.