Tax Manager - Funds
333 South Grand Ave., 28th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90071 US
Tax Manager - Funds
The Tax Manager will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing projects and work streams designed to transform the funds tax reporting function, with an emphasis on providing real-time tax data and analytics to streamline reporting and inform decision making. The candidate will work closely with other personnel in accounting, tax and IT along with our outside tax/accounting service providers to ensure that accounting, legal entity, and investor information is tax-sensitized and validated to ensure accurate tax reporting across various large global and domestic private equity, mezzanine financing, distressed debt, real estate and marketable securities partnerships.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Leading in project management, management of tax issues, and strategic planning;
- Reviewing and calculating the book/tax differences and reviewing partner allocations;
- Reviewing calculations of market discount, OID and interest accruals;
- Analyzing reorganizations of underlying debt and equity investments to determine the proper tax treatment;
- Preparing tax packages for funds and lower-tier LLCs, including reconciling of income items and capital accounts;
- Providing tax estimates to Clients and General Partners;
- Addressing large number of Client's requests and inquiries;
- Analyzing withholding issues that impact partners and the partnerships' global investments;
- Reviewing state withholding taxes;
- Drafting correspondence with state and federal tax authorities;
- Managing audit responses and documentation for all aspects of audits; and
- Assisting in the analysis of cross-border acquisitions and dispositions to determine proper tax treatment for US purposes.
- 5+ years of relevant tax experience.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting, with knowledge of financial investment issues being a plus.
- The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The successful candidate will have outstanding initiative, an eagerness to learn and a strong work ethic.
- The candidate must be customer oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- He/She will be self-driven, team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism.
- Familiarity with and understanding of a busy tax season.
- A Bachelor's degree relevant to position, a Master's degree a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer