24 Greenway Plaza #1800, Houston, TX 77004
Our client is a large regional full service public accounting firm that is consistently ranked as a top 50 firm nationally. They have nearly 10 offices in multiple states
Recently named a BEST PLACE TO WORK nationwide,
They serve a broad range of clients including large national and international companies, public and privately-held businesses, nonprofit organizations and governmental entities.
Our Houston office is currently seeking a friendly, enthusiastic, high-energy individual to join our Firm as a Manager in our Tax department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Core Competency is the demonstrated ability to carry out the primary responsibilities of the job which should be reflected in the essential duties section of the job description.
- Demonstrate effective research and problem solving skills.
- Perform technical review of complex tax returns and research. Accounting specialists perform technical reviews of complex financial statements and special projects. Accounting services specialists demonstrate the ability to review and research complex GAAP and reporting issues.
- Provides feedback on performance to members within the Firm’ s reporting process, monitors CPE needs and requests specialized training for staff.
- Prepares client ready deliverables that require few content changes by Senior Managers and Partners.
- Responsible for assisting and actively participating in the development of departmental training, methodology and tools.
- Monitor engagement progress against client expectations.
- Expanded involvement in billing responsibilities and related issues.
- Expanded involvement in firm and service line administrative duties as requested.
- Develop advanced knowledge in niche area.
- Responsible for ensuring engagement staff follow up on open items and issues and that engagement deliverables are completed timely.
- Demonstrate the ability to build networks of contacts and to identify opportunities for cross selling Firm services to clients by focusing on client service skills and building strong relationships with clients.
- Participate in the proposal process.
- Consistent completion of tax returns or financial statements.
- Takes a leadership role directed to staff and clients in directing engagements by actively managing the engagement responsibilities, which includes drafting engagement letters, providing status to the client and/or audit team as appropriate, managing actual hours incurred versus budgeted hours, and billing clients.
- Assist and mentor staff, actively cultivating an environment that challenges, encourages, and fosters learning.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, execute, and deliver work independently with limited supervision on large complex engagements.
- Supervise staff on multiple concurrent engagements.
- Monitor and supervise progress of staff, where applicable, in all engagement phases; provide performance feedback when needed.
- Perform a review of the work prepared by others for coverage, completeness, accuracy, and technical proficiency.
- Effectively delegate tasks to facilitate professional development and efficient utilization of firm resources.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of tax return processes and financial statements.
- Work closely with all experienced team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in completing engagement objectives through effective and timely communication.
- Consistently take ownership of assigned engagement objectives and demonstrate the ability to plan multiple concurrent engagements while maintaining the department staff schedule.
- Keep team members apprised of engagement and scheduling issues on a timely basis.
- Work with direct report manager to develop an appropriate plan of professional development, professional reading, and CPE, and take responsibility to ensure that plan is achieved.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the client’ s operations, accounting systems, financial condition, and the industry in which it operates.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Maintain appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions.
- Responsible for ensuring that deliverables and workpapers produced by team members are clear and concise and comply with firm standards.
- Identify and develop budget and deadline considerations and strive for adherence.
- Adhere to the Firm’ s policies and procedures, ACTION philosophy, demonstrate their importance to others, and provide input to management on suggested modifications to Firm policies and procedures as necessary
- Be familiar with and adhere to relevant ethical requirements of the AICPA, contained in the Code of Professional Conduct, the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, and the Texas Society of CPA’ s in discharging their professional responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Master’ s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- CPA with 5-7 or more years of experience in public accounting.
- Possess technical knowledge sufficient to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrates independent thinking and strong decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to manage and develop staff.
- Strong relationship management and practice development skills.
- Experience with a variety of industries and all aspects of federal tax laws.
- Tax Managers possess a thorough understanding of individual, partnership, S-Corp, C-Corp returns, research and general business planning knowledge.
- Accounting Managers possess a thorough understanding of accounting issues and financial statement preparation.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/