260 Sheridan Avenue, Suite 440 Palo Alto, CA 94306 US
We are looking for a Tax Manager!
Primary Job Functions
- Oversees client relationships in regards to tax matters as well as coordinates the delivery of other services.
- Assists with preparation of complex tax returns, provides coaching to staff, and reviews and assigns tax returns prepared by others.
- Develops business proposals and other supervisory administrative duties.
- Oversees a group of staff and is responsible for managing their daily activities and career development.
- Develops a strong relationship with key client personnel and provides valuable ideas on an ongoing basis, while maintaining contact with clients throughout the year.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of the client's business.
- Proactively and effectively identifies client's needs.
- Provides professional services on a basis that is cost effective to the client and acceptable to the firm.
- Manages expectations of services including work products, timing, and value to be delivered.
- Plans, supervises, reviews, and controls engagements of all sizes and complexities for tax compliance with all professional and firm standards.
- Supervises and works with internal staff and clients to plan engagement requirements, objectives, and strategies.
- Communicates with appropriate individuals within the firm and documents the status of tax engagements.
- Analyzes problems and recommends viable solutions. Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to the client team.
- Brings unusual or significant accounting and tax related questions to the partner with proposed resolutions to those issues.
- Assists with complex research in all areas of tax and coaches others in performing research.
- Performs complex tax returns for compliance and consulting.
- Coaches employees the importance of the client first attitude by providing technical training in the use and application of the Firm's policies, procedures, manuals, forms, and relevant software.
- Assists with administrative engagement activities.?
New Business Acquisition
- Under the direction of a Partner, expands personal marketing plan to include a full complement of marking activities.
- Knowledgeable in the products of the firm.
- Takes responsibility for specific assignments within the office niche team.
- Expands external network of business referral resources.
- Demonstrates the support role in new business presentations.
- Assists in developing business proposals.
- When requested, presents those propels to prospects.
- Participates in specialized technical training.
- Develops technical skills that are unique among the tax staff.
- Takes an active role in teaching technical matters and when requested, assists as an instructor in the Firm's internal CPE Program.
- Prepares and participates actively in Firm sponsored and outside training; keeping current on general business and technical issues.
- Uses a variety of resources to learn and study business developments and technical innovations.
- Coaches others in completing engagement requirements.
- Fosters positive relationships between others in the office.
- Provides both formal and informal performance reviews to staff, and then reports to partner on staff progress and advice given.
- Participates in the office recruiting program which demonstrates the self-presentation skills to be an effective representative of the Firm.
- Technical, Industry, or Functional Specialization
- Begins to develop a technical, industry, or functional concentration.
- Takes responsibility for specific assignments within the office niche team and
- Participates or actively seeks participation in appropriate community, business, and professional organizations.
Work Experience Required: Must have experience in public accounting, preparing and reviewing complex business and individual tax returns, and directing the work of others
Education: Bachelor's degree with emphasis in accounting or MBA in accounting/taxation; additional qualification as an accountant will be a plus
- CPA certification required
- Experience completing tax returns/engagements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess successful problem solving and analytical skills
- Project management experience
- Honest and ethical with a strong work ethic
- Proactive, resourceful, and client oriented - Good interactive skills to work with Partners, other departments, and employee base
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality
- Must be clean, well groomed, and have a professional appearance per company standards