350 W. Colorado Blvd. 5th Floor Pasadena, CA 91105 US
Our client has immediate openings for a Tax Manager
For over two decades, they have delivered accounting expertise and real business results for clients in the U.S. and abroad.
As the biggest and one of the fastest growing CPA firms based in Southern California, we take pride in our client-centric approach, enabling us to consistently be recognized as one of the Top 50 CPA firms in the U.S. by the Public Accounting Report and Top 10 in the Los Angeles area.
Serving large local, national and international clients around the globe and provides businesses and individuals solutions in the areas of tax, audit, and business management.
- Provides top-level review of federal and multi-state income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, and trusts; also reviews related income tax workpapers.
- Leads teams of seniors and staff accountants.
- Oversees planning and scheduling of engagements.
- Ensures quality of work product.
- Monitors work-flow.
- Coaches/mentors individual team members.
- Provides formal and informal feedback.
- Communicates progress to partners.
- Develops business with both existing and new clients.
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships with client personnel and prospective clients.
- Works closely with clients to advise on income tax issues and related tax planning.
Skills & Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in accounting; Master's in Tax a plus.
- CPA certificate or JD.
- A minimum of 5 years and up to 10 years of technical tax experience required.
- Proficient in the taxation of partnerships, limited liability companies and other similar flow-through entities.
- Knowledgeable about corporate tax issues, including tax provisions.
- Knowledgeable about international tax issues - CFC's and PFIC's, ECI and FDAP
- Thorough understanding of both accounting and income tax compliance issues associated with private equity.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to articulate complex tax matters in "business" language.
- Ability to integrate and team with others.
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding, fast-paced and complex environment.
- Strong team player with emphasis on the continued growth and development of team members.
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs; QuickBooks, or other accounting software, a plus.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.