Tax Staff or Tax Senior
5777 W. Century Blvd. Suite 1600 Los Angeles, CA 90045
Tax Staff or Tax Senior
Business Management firm is looking to add an Experienced Tax Accountant to its team in a small office environment. In this position you will be responsible for performing tax preparation and review, tax research, and tax planning with minimal supervision. You will be working closely with our team of business managers and bookkeepers to deliver high-quality tax services. We will provide you with work direction and technical guidance based on your previous experience.
Business management firm in Los Angeles that provides a wide range of financial services to closely held businesses and high-net worth clients in the entertainment industry throughout the country and globally.
This is an ideal position for a smart, motivated person who is passionate about delivering strategic value in a collaborative environment. A focused ability to take charge and meet tight deadlines will ensure your success in this multi-faceted role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate a well-rounded knowledge of tax laws and return preparation.
- Demonstrate competent self-review skills.
- Establish a habit of accuracy and promptness in providing a complete work product that is organized to be reviewed by managers and partners.
- Proficient at tax research including reference sources available to the firm.
- Tax planning for individuals and business entities.
- Organization and tracking of multiple projects at any given time.
- Client communication for planning and scheduling work.
- Develop a sense of scope and exercise good judgment.
- Identify opportunities for improved performance in the next engagement.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and new regulations.
- Light administrative duties such as organizing tax files for firm’ s permanent records.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Licensed CPA or demonstrated progression to being licensed.
- BA in Accounting or equivalent.
- Two or more years of tax experience; public accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance, and all types of tax returns.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to assess problems or unusual situations and create efficient solutions.
- Experience and working knowledge of CCH ProSystem fx Tax and Microsoft Excel.
Additional Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, work under pressure and handle interruptions while maintaining flexibility in work assignments.
- Ability to perform all the duties of the position efficiently and effectively by oneself.
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems.
- Comfortable with receiving constructive feedback.
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Work well with little direction but know when to ask for help and keep your team informed