Federal Way, WA 98001 US
The purpose of this position is to prepare and/or review federal and state corporate and partnership tax returns, work on state and local audits, tax research and assist with various income tax projects to ensure department goals and objectives are achieved, in alignment with Mission and Core Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and/or review state corporate income/franchise tax returns.
- Prepare federal tax returns.
- Prepare and/or review federal and state partnership income tax returns.
- Prepare and/or review quarterly estimated tax payment calculations.
- Correspond with taxing jurisdictions to resolve disputes including filing issues
- Prepare audit responses and/or answer auditor questions.
- Assist with reconciliation of income tax accounts
- Assist with work allocation and prioritization decisions.
- Interact with other departments and explain and resolve complex tax issues.
- Perform a wide variety of recurring and non-recurring moderately complex tax functions
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to meet goals individually and in a teammate environment.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking ability
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas to achieve the overall Mission.
- BA in Accounting.
- 3-4 years in a CPA firm preferred.
- Prior experience in a CPA firm or corporation in income tax-related functions.
- Performance and behavior reflect the Mission and Core Values.