Unit Controller 3
2301 N HIGHLAND AVE LOS ANGELES, CA 90068 US
Seeking a detail oriented Unit Controller 3 with strong financial analysis skills to manage the financials and accounting for a multi-outlet client account- a well known concert location in Hollywood. Total managed annual food & beverage revenues are approximately $14 million. The location offers exceptional food services that range from fine dining in our premium restaurants to grab and go at our concessions. Providing an unforgettable guest experience is our focus.
The Unit Controller 3 is responsible for the accounting, financial analysis and corporate revenue reporting functions for this location. This position executes the accounts receivable process from contracting thru collections, enters weekly accounts payables, POS reporting, produces weekly financial reconciliation, investigates and corrects variances as needed and provides the operations team with ad hoc financial analysis to aid in managing the business. The controller works closely with the General Manager to analyze month-end reporting, provide variance explanations and corrective action plans as needed, annual budgeting and monthly re-forecasting.
This position requires excellent organizational skills, a high degree of integrity and accountability along with a strong desire for transparency. Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills are also required. The ideal candidate will have a financial background with contract management, preferably food services, in a progressive and fast paced environment. This is a Hands-On in Unit Controller role.
The location is world famous and considered as one of the best concert venues in the world. It is considered the mecca for summer music in Southern California. It is also a public park and picnic ground.
There is one catch you Must love Loud Music!
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for large multi-size national account or a large complex single location account
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls. Train accountants and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the zero harm mindset